Sunday, February 19, 2012

Markstrat

I am very excited to begin the MarkStrat simulation. I feel this will allow my teammates and I to apply not only what we have learned in M510, but our other courses as well.

I predict I will find resisting real world assumptions most challenging. As Professor Talbott explained in class, we must remember to play the game within the simulation. Also, with so much information available, I imagine it will be difficult to sort and identify what data to focus on. However, I am looking forward to seeing the effects of our decisions and how our team’s company performs relative to our competitors. Since each company starts the simulation in a different initial position, I am interested to see if one position has any particular trends across the three industries in our class.

The simulation will give me a good understanding of the types of decisions that need to be made everyday in business team environments. 

No comments:

Post a Comment